Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Way To Happiness

Reader's Digest July 2008

I bought the magazine at the airport and read this article on the plane. Quite good. You can read more here.

In a nutshell, factors to happiness are:

Faith
During hi-school time, I was a churchgoer. At uni time, I was an activist for Christian organization. After uni, I was more secular, even considered becoming an atheist, then agnostic, and just lately I am attending church again. I can vouch for the Big Boss that I was happier feeling protected. So, a BIG tick for Faith.

Work
Sometimes I felt very miserable during work. I hated my manager or my ignorant colleagues. I hated the boring, time-consuming, repetitive works etc. However, I can say now with confidence that having no work is far worse. I am so grateful that I have my job. I try to learn something new and set some challenging task for myself. Suddenly the day seems brighter.

Marriage and Family
No questions about it, like a bridge over troubled water.

Give money away
To give is to receive even more.

Freedom
Freedom from worldly attachments, freedom from God's laws (meaning we do not need the law because our hearts have been conforming the law i.e. more ethos than ethic)

No comments: